Posted by John Fasoldt on 20:22:31 5/5/2011 from 184.108.40.206:
In reply to: rat poison posted by austin on 19:29:40 5/5/2011 from 220.127.116.11:
Well, yes and no.... The preparations are toxic to any rodent, but what happens is that squirrels will "squirrel away" most of what they find, which means that they probably won't die from it.
Or even worse, they DO die in your wall or attic somewhere and you can't find the body. Squirrels have some body mass, so it takes awhile for it to decompose. And for all that time, you have a HORRIBLE smell and hordes of flies. Some fun, huh?
Do it the right way, trap and remove them.
Post a Followup
Here's a link to more squirrel removal information and pictures from Rid-A-Critter, an Atlanta animal control company.
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: