Posted by cristine on 10:56:10 10/30/2010 from 126.96.36.199:
I posted a few weeks back telling you I had BB indicative bites and had a pest control guy out who could not locate anything but suggested we treat anyway at the cost of $1800. I was ready to say go for it but hubby said not so fast. After all I read about BB and dealing with the bites I had that really hurt badly and I got most of them when sleeping in the guest room....hubby snores real loud some nights...I did not want to wait and was in a panic. Well hubby did not panic thanks to your suggestion not to jump at the treatment but to look for bugs. Well we could not locate any but we cleaned up the rooms where we got bites...my house is looking great by the way. We threw things out and in the dryer. I got bed covers for all the beds and interceptor cups for the bed legs to catch those critters. Hubby sprayed all the nooks and crannies with a non-repellent residual insecticide. We dusted with the proper DE. Well last night after five weeks of not using the most offensive room and I have to add we have not had bites in any of the rooms in the house the past five weeks...hubby slept in the most offensive bedroom and alas no bites, no signs of anything, no critters in the interceptor cups. We will be maintaining our vigilance but I now wonder if either we have been super thorough and got the bb or maybe they were never here. Either way my house is cleaner and we are now more ready for them should they ever hit our house. What do you think?
Post a Followup
UnExCo's Other Message Boards: